Saturday, March 27, 2010

My 30 day raw challenge/ Thai coconut sauce recipe/ smoothie recipe



Seriously wishing the weekend were longer! I have decided to do a 30 day challenge where I will eat 90% raw or more. I will be allowing myself some tofu (I have been craving it) and protein shakes before my long runs. I eat mostly raw anyway but have been getting off track on several occasions, then I notice a huge difference in the way I feel... I feel like crap! So, since I want to drop a few pounds too before bikini season, this challenge will be perfect for me. Please follow me and cheer me on!

Everyday I will post what I ate that day, any recipes and how I am feeling. So here I go. I started the morning off with a green smoothie.

Super Green Smoothie

2 huge handfuls of mixed dark greens
1 mandarin orange
1/2 banana 
4 strawberries
coconut water kefir
ice
a few drops of vanilla stevia
1/2 teaspoon blue green algae



(what do you think of blue green algae?)






Later in the afternoon I ate a banana and a raw protein bar in the car... I was on the run!

The other day I bought some Thai green curry tofu and scored big on a case of young thai coconuts from the Asia mart... 9 coconuts for 11.00... can't beat that! The tofu inspired me to make a thai coconut sauce to go with the tofu and put those over some kelp noodles and veggies.



Sarah's Thai Coconut Curry Sauce

meat from one young thai coconut
1/2 cup of the coconut water (or more if you want it thinner)
1 medjool date
1/2 teaspoon garlic 
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 jalapeno
1 teaspoon curry powder
salt 
1 tablespoon almond butter






Blend it all in a food processor and blend well. 


The finished product...



I poured the sauce over my kelp noodles and veggies, topped with tofu and enjoyed!


There really are kelp noodles buried under all that veggie, tofu and coconut sauce! I finished my meal with a cashew butter filled raw chocolate cup. YUM!




7 comments:

  1. Oh the sauce just looks to die for! I have never whacked a coconut, can you believe it?! I am kinda scared plus dont use that much coconut meat in dishes, but i could make coconut butter with it...now we're talking :)
    great eats, sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Averie! I have been getting a ton of coconut whacking in after buying the case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome website you have ere but I was wondering if you knew of any
    forums that cover the same topics talked about
    here? I'dreally like to be a part off online community where I ccan get feed-back from other knowledgeable
    peple that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Many thanks!

    Feel free to surf tto my web site - psn code generator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy very cool website!! Guy .. Excellent ..
    Amazing .. I'll bookmark your website and take the
    feeds additionally? I am glad to find numerous useful info here within the
    publish, we need develop more techniques on this regard,
    thanks for sharing. . . . . .

    Here is my web blog :: dui in Torrance county

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding
    more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking
    for this info for my mission.

    Also visit my web blog :: does get cash for surveys really work

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very interesting, You are a very professional blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to in the
    hunt for extra of your great post. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks

    Review my blog :: test of narrative language

    ReplyDelete
  7. After looking over a handful of the blog posts on your web site,
    I honestly appreciate your way of blogging. I book-marked it to my bookmark site list and
    will be checking back in the near future. Please
    visit my website too and tell me how you feel.

    Here is my web blog ... Probiotics For Men

    ReplyDelete