Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New day... fresh start.

Wow, I got way off track yesterday. It went from juice in the morning to way overeating in the afternoon. I have to figure why I do this. Started by me having a yummy raw cocojoy then proceeding to eat every sweet thing in the kitchen, raw and not. I am not going to beat myself up... today is a new day and a fresh start.

On a positive note... I got my Vita Mix in the mail yesterday as well as my glass straws from glass Dharma. Yay! All the motivation I need to get back on track. I made myself a mint chocolate smoothie (recipe below) and sipped it down with my pretty new glass straw. The shipping of the straws was super fast by the way. Here's to a day of happiness and good choices!

Mint Chocolate Smoothie

1 banana
small handful mint leaves
cocoa powder (heaping tablespoon)
Maca powder (tablespoon)
Ice (few cubes)
water (a cup or so)
5 leaves kale
handful of romaine
1 tablespoon cocoa nibs

Blend and enjoy!

Around lunchtime I enjoyed a tall glass if carrot/apple juice and a kombucha. When I got home from class I had a yummy glass od juice made of...

1 pear
4 stalk celery
1/2 head of romaine
6 leaves kale
1 lemon

So refreshing!

For dinner I can't wait to enjoy the coup I made earlier in my new vita mix (still so excited to have it!) This recipe is courtesy of cafe gratitude, a delicious restaraunt in Healdsburg, California.

Thai Coconut Curry Soup

Ingredients:

Soup:

2 Thai young coconuts
2 tablespoons minced ginger root
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 medium dates, pitted
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 tablespoon Nama Shoyu (a natural soy sauce)
1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon Indian curry powder
1 jalapeno pepper

Garnish

1 avocado, cubed
1/3 cup diced tomato
1/3 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup marinated shiitake mushrooms
8 cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped

Preparation:

1. To make the coconut into coconut milk, open the coconuts with a cleaver. Put the coconut water in a blender. Next, scrape the coconut meat from the shell and add it to the coconut water in the blender. Blend the milk and meat together.
2. To the coconut milk add all the remaining ingredients, except those for the garnish. Blend well until creamy and slightly warm.
3. Divide soup into four soup cups, garnishing each with a quarter of the garnish mixture. Top with cilantro leaves and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment