Thursday, March 18, 2010

Raw Sweet Potato Cassarole & Smoothie Recipes

I woke up in a fabulous mood today! I just knew it was going to be a good day. I dropped Mackenzie off at school and headed for the yoga studio. I did 90 minutes of bikram yoga then came home and made a yummy smoothie. I used...

1/2 head of romaine lettuce
5 leaves of kale
1 banana
2 mandarin oranges
1 cup nut milk kefir
ice
6 drops of vanilla stevia.

1 heaping tablespoon bee pollen (For information on benefits of bee pollen and where I get mine click here)
 




This made enough for 2 smoothies.



I also made a Sweet Potato Cassarole and it is to die for! I wish I had taken pictures along the way. You must try this. I thought it would have a weird texture but it doesn't... it is perfect! I split it into two portions (after cutting the recipe in half) and froze one.


Ingredients

• 1  cup pecans or walnuts

• 4 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes

• 1/2 cup water

• 1/2 cup dates

• 1 teaspoon cinnamon

• 1 teaspoon vanilla 

• 1/2 teaspoon salt

• 1/4 cup honey

Directions

1) Put potatoes, 1/4 cup nuts, dates, cinnamon, water and vanilla in processor and puree till smooth.

2) Pour into a casserole dish.

3) In another bowl, mix the remaining nuts with salt and honey, and sprinkle over the potato mixture.

Amazing! I will be making this sure during the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment